BoD Meeting Sunday, April 19, 2015
Full motions will be published on the AAC website (Members
section) once the minutes are approved and the motions are translated.
Rule changes are effective January 1, 2016, except as noted.
- Shipping of the AAC Rulebook has begun! The Regional
Directors are coordinating distribution within each region.
- The AAC National Team earned an unprecedented 13 medals
at the IFCS World Championship, with medals for several team members.
for full details.)
- The Board reminds members that the AAC website is
the definite source of information about approved/sanctioned trials.
The AAC does not control unofficial information about planned trials
published or communicated by clubs.
- The Board also reminds members that dogs may be entered
in Regional and Nationals at any height for which they are eligible
on the date of the event.
- The AAC accepts the following recommendations from
the Standing Rules Committee (SRC):
- Winged jumps mandatory for backside jumps (effective
May 1, 2015)
- Wall jump only faulted if a brick falls.
- Broad jump will not be faulted if dog touches
or knocks corner post.
- Non-completion in Steeplechase will result in
- Breaking open the tire will not be faulted at
this time, due to the lack of standardization for tire construction.
We continue to review the issue of tire standardization.
Discussion continues on various other topics.
- The Safety Committee has received one injury report
(caused by a jump cup). Please remember that injury reports provide
essential information to allow the AAC to continue to improve safety.
- The AAC Judges clinic in Medicine Hat, Alberta, on
August 7-9, 2015 is approved.
- Bids have been received, and are being reviewed, for
the 2016 Quebec and Ontario East Regionals, as well as the 2016 Nationals
To obtain a copy
of the AAC Board minutes (once approved), email Jennifer Laird at;
you have previously requested minutes, please resend the request to Jennifer.
The next Board meeting is scheduled for Thursday, May 21.