Highlights of the AAC Board meeting held on Thursday, January 19, 2017
Full motions will be published on the AAC website
(Members section) once the minutes are approved and the motions are translated.
- The following Committees are seeking
representatives. Contact email@example.com if interested in applying.
Committee responsibilities available at:
AAC_DC-AC_PnP.pdf — and —
Contact / Committees
- Appeals Committee – QC Representative
- Discipline Committee – NS/NL
- Equipment Committee – BC Vancouver
- The new AAC height category names that will come in effect on January
1, 2018 are:
- Mini / Mini 8" Regular and associated Special / Vet categories
- Medium / Moyen 12" / 16" Regular and associated Special / Vet
- Open / Open 20" / 24" Regular and associated Special / Vet categories
- An additional 5 seconds time be added to mini SCT for 10R, 6S and
6V in Standard, Jumpers and Steeplechase classes. Team Class will not
receive extra time. In effect for all 2017 Regional Championships
and for all AAC competitions as of July 1/17.
- Amended motion 161222 to “reduce by 2 points the number of
Snooker points and opening Gamble points required for a qualifying score
for the 10R/6S/6V dog". Effective July 1/17.
- Rulebook Amendments include:
- The Ascending configuration of Broad Jump is unidirectional,
while the Oxer (Hogback) may be used as either a unidirectional
or bi-directional obstacle.” Effective Date Feb 19, 2017
- An addition to the A Frame specification of: one central chain
or support device may be used to connect the panels of the a-frame,
but there MUST be a second chain connected independently to the
two panels between 2 and 3 feet above the ground, and not using
the same connection point. This second chain is intended as a safety
backup in case of failure of chains, welds, hooks or carabineers.
Effective Jan 19, 2017
- Section 3.6.5 to: “Dogs in the mini division must receive
at least 20% more time to complete the final gamble than dogs in
the open division. Example: The judge sets the final
gamble time for Open Regular dogs at 20 seconds. The final gamble
time for Mini regular dogs is then 20 x 1.2 = 24 seconds. Open veteran
dogs will receive 20 x 1.2 = 24 seconds, and mini veteran dogs will
receive 24 x 1.2 = 29 seconds.” Wording replacement
effective July 1, 2017. This course time revision will be
implemented for all 2017 Regional Championships.
To obtain a copy of the AAC Board minutes
(in English or French, once approved), email Seanna O’Neill at firstname.lastname@example.org
The next Board meeting is scheduled for
Thursday, February 16, 2017.
Rhéal Nadeau, Communications Officer