BoD Meeting Thursday, December 15, 2016
Here are the highlights of the AAC Board meeting held on Thursday, December 15, 2016 . Full motions will be published on the AAC website (Members section) once the minutes are approved and the motions are translated.
- The following Committees are seeking representatives. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if interested in applying. Committee responsibilities available at: AAC/Contacts/Committees.
- Appeals Committee – QC Representative
- Discipline Committee – NS/NL Representative
- Two Regional Championships have been approved for the NS/NL Region for 2017. Competitors within the Region may attend either of the Regional Championships for the NS/NF Region.
- Newfoundland Athletic Dog Association, Inc. will host the first Newfoundland Regional Agility Championship on June 3 or 4, 2017 at the St. Johnâ€™s Southlands Park at 44A Clovelly Lane, Logy Bay, Newfoundland.
- CAANS will host the 2017 Nova Scotia Regional Agility Championship on May 20, 2017 at the MacMillan Centre – Truro Nova Scotia, 8 Central Ave., Halifax, Nova Scotia
- Guides Canins have been approved to host the 2017 Quebec Regional Agility Championship on June 24-25, 2017 at the Complexe Sportif St-Lazare, 1850, rue des Loisirs, Saint-Lazare, Quebec.
- Rave Dog Sports was approved to sponsor a Judges Clinic April 7-9, 2017 in Nanaimo, BC.
- Jump heights - Dog measurement cut-offs: Implementation will be effective January 1, 2018. The official announcement is available at: AAC/NEWS
- Applicants applying for dog ID starting January 1, 2017 will receive an online dog ID card. They will be required to print the dog ID card, and take it with them to a trial the dog is registered in to have the card filled out when the dog is measured.
- Mini ( currently 10R/6S/6V) dog points required in Snooker and Gamblers reduced by 2 points. Effective: July 1, 2017
- The AAC's 2017 AGM will be held about Noon, Saturday March 11th, 2017 in conjunction with the K-9 Cliffhangers trial at the Agrifair Arena, Exhibition Park, 32470 Haida Drive, Abbotsford, BC.
- Mini time for a final gamble amended to always be 20% more than the Open division so it scales with complexity. Effective: July 1, 2017.
To obtain a copy of the AAC Board minutes (in English or French, once approved), email Seanna O'Neill at: email@example.com, or fill out form on members page.
The next Board meeting is scheduled for: Thursday, January 19, 2017.