AAC Board of Directors – October 2017 Meeting Highlights (unofficial)
Highlights of the AAC Board meeting held on Thursday, October 19, 2017.
- AAC to waive late trial application fees incurred for 2018 equipment inspections by AAC Clubs hosting AAC sanctioned trials scheduled January 1 – April 1, 2018.
- Rule Clarifications/Updates:
- Courses are to be designed for a 5 foot bar width for ascending and double jumps with an approved wing on each side. Effective October 19, 2017. Motion 171006.
- National Equipment List to be amended to include a broad jump as optional for each standard ring and wall jump to be added as optional for Jumpers. Effective October 19, 2017. Motion 171005.
- Equipment and trial site inspection Regional Director designated representatives clarified: Designate may be any of the following Regular AAC members: Past or Present Judge (any level), Past or Present Member of the Board of Directors. Effective: October 19, 2017. Motion 171009.
- Five foot jump poles will be required for all spread jumps effective January 1, 2019. Motion 171010.
- Clarification for AAC Rulebook Section 2.9.x Rounding of SCTs to be: When calculating Standard Course Times for Standard, Jumpers, Steeplechase and Team Relay; Target Course Times for Challenge, and Closing Gamble times, all numbers should be rounded to the nearest whole second. The rounding also applies to the 20% added for Veterans in all classes, the 10% added for mixed teams with one Veteran dog in Team Relay, and the 20% additional closing gamble time for mini dogs. (And from Jan 1 2018, the 10% additional closing time for medium dogs). The calculated time is rounded up if 0.5 sec, or >0.5 sec or down if <0.5 sec. e.g. 85.2 seconds rounds to 85, 85.5 seconds rounds to 86, 85.6 seconds rounds to 86
- Clarification for AAC Rulebook Section 3.6 Gamblers effective October 19, 2017. Dogs in the mini division must receive 20% (rounded as per section 2.9.x) more time to complete the final gamble than dogs in the open division. (As of 1 January 2018 - Dogs in the medium division must receive 10% more time to complete the final gamble than dogs in the open division). This is the minimum extra time (Rounding defined as per section 2.9.x) that is allowed. It is at the judge’s discretion if they wish to allow additional time on top of the minimum.
- National Team:
- New website has been created: https://www.aacnationalagilityteam.com/
- Online auditing is available at: https://www.aacnationalagilityteam.com/auditor-team.
- Extension of the Regional Chair bye pilot to July 2018. Motion 170904
- Increase in delay for filing a complaint from 14 to 30 days. Motion 171013
- Update to Discipline Committee’s Coordinator procedure for processing and numbering cases. Motion 171014.
To obtain a copy of the AAC Board minutes (in English or French, once approved), email Blanche Cooper at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The next Board meeting is scheduled for Thursday, November 16, 2017.