AAC Board of Directors – January 2016 Meeting Highlights (unofficial)
Here are the highlights of the AAC Board meeting held on Thursday, January 21, 2016. Full motions will be published on the AAC website (Members section) once the minutes are approved and the motions are translated.
- Welcome to the new Board members: Tahnis Manhard (President), Colleen Fowler (Treasurer), Wendy Beard (Ontario East Regional Director), and Adina MacRae (Nova Scotia/Newfoundland Regional Director).
- The 2016 Annual General Meeting (AGM) will be held at 1:00pm MST on April 23, 2016, in conjunction with the Fionavar K9 Training trial in Balzac, AB (near Calgary).
- Implementation of the AAC Database is under way. This will represent a major change in how the AAC conducts business and interacts with members. The Board will soon be posting the job description for the database technical administrator.
- Members are reminded to renew their membership before January 31 in order to retain full membership status. The Board will shortly publish a new document outlining the benefits of membership.
- To meet the geographic composition requirements for the Development Committee, the application process will be reopened and posted. Members of the committee will need to demonstrate a strong understanding of the current status of agility in the AAC and elsewhere.
- The Board is looking at creating a formal process to appoint new course approvers and examining judges as needed.
- As in previous years, the AAC will support the AAC National Team by sponsoring entry fees, the management team and uniforms. All other expenses will be covered by the team’s own fundraising.
To obtain a copy of the AAC Board minutes (in English or French, once approved), email Jennifer Laird at email@example.com.
The next Board meeting is scheduled for Thursday, February 18.