Agility Association of Canada
The Business Analyst is expected to conduct business analysis and information collection with the objectives of establishing requirements. The successful candidate will be an adept problem solver with an understanding of business issues and challenges and the skills to resolve and turn challenges into successful solutions.
- Facilitate sessions with large groups of stakeholders
- Gather, manage and analyze requirements specifications
- Review and edit requirements, specifications, processes and recommendations related to a proposed solution
- Work with the team and partners to define scope; identify, create, update uses cases and workflows, and provide functional specifications
- Maintain consistency between the needs and the proposed solutions
- Understand solutions and evaluate their functional impacts
- Take the initiative to resolve assigned issues efficiently
- Provide technical guidance and consultation to the AAC Board on AAC IT solutions regarding changes and enhancements.
- Work with the AAC solutions providers to define approved database changes and enhancements.
- Work with the AAC solutions providers to implement and test changes and enhancements.
The Business Analyst is expected to quickly and comprehensively evolve their understanding of the domain. The highest level of confidentiality with AAC information is expected.
- A positive "Can Do" attitude and an aptitude to learn quickly and ask the right questions
- An eye for detail
- Bachelor's degree IT or MIS related or equivalent is great but not a showstopper
- 5-8 years in a similar role is preferred
- An ability to create positive and professional relationships
- A solid experience with business modeling, functional analysis/design and documentation (functional specifications, use cases, activity diagrams, flowcharts, business rules)
- The ability to clearly present ideas and information in group settings
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- An in depth understanding of database structure and administration
- Superior problem resolution and analytical skills, be highly organized, with an ability to prioritize
- Ability to work independently with minor supervision
- Must own a computer capable of performing the duties required
- An understanding of the AAC, its rules and policies is an asset
- Bilingualism (English/French) is an asset
- Membership in AAC is an asset
This is an independent contractor position. The duration of the contract is 2 months (which may be extend on approval from the AAC board of Directors).
The hourly rate will be negotiated based on experience.
Please send your resume and cover letter to the AAC Administrator (email@example.com) with the subject line Business Analyst position. The deadline for applications is March 11, 2018.