AAC Board of Directors – February 2016 Meeting Highlights (unofficial)
Here are the highlights of the AAC Board meeting held on Thursday, February 18, 2016. Full motions will be published on the AAC website (Members section) once the minutes are approved and the motions are translated.
- Implementation of the AAC Database is underway, with launch as early as the spring if all goes well.
- The Board accepts the Equipment Committee’s recommendation to phase out the solid tire by January 1, 2018. There was also discussion about the safety of the S-shaped tunnel, and initial discussion of possible rule changes related to jumps.
- The Board accepts the recommendation of the National Steering Committee to allow a dog prohibited by local legislation from competing in its own Regionals to compete in another Regionals for points, at the discretion of the host of the alternate event.
- New members are needed for the Standing Rules Committee (http://www.aac.ca/en/contact/_inc/RuleCommittee-PnP.html) for the following regions: BC Mainland, NB-PEI, and SK-MB-NU.
New members are needed for the Discipline Committee (http://www.aac.ca/en/forms/_pdf/AAC_DC-AC_PnP-072914.pdf) for the following regions; NB-PEI and BC Vancouver Island.
- The submission deadline for the next On Course (http://www.aac.ca/AAC_members/en/oncourse/main/) is March 21: Members can submit brags and articles to their Regional Director (http://www.aac.ca/en/contact/main/#DR) for inclusion.
To obtain a copy of the AAC Board minutes (in English or French, once approved), email Jennifer Laird at email@example.com.
The next Board meeting is scheduled for Thursday, March 17.