AAC Board of Directors – December 2017 Meeting Highlights (unofficial)
Highlights of the AAC Board meeting held on Thursday, December 21, 2017.
- The Board would like to offer a thank you and recognition to Claire Duder for her contribution as Editor for both the Judges Handbook and AAC Rulebook.
- The AAC is committed to the just, reasonable and equitable treatment of each and every member of our agility community. In keeping with this commitment, the AAC has initiated the steps to create an Ombudsman role. The Terms of Reference for an Ombudsman role were approved.
- A Rulebook and Handbook Policy and Procedure v1.0 that outlined the development, maintenance, review and publishing process and controls required to ensure that AAC Handbooks and Rulebooks are accurate, current, appropriately available, and approved by the required and authorized individuals was approved.
- Judges Training and Qualification Policy and Procedure v2.1 approved and implemented.ACE to host an AAC Masters Judges Clinic April 14-15, 2018 in Edmonton, AB.
- Rule Updates/Clarifications/Amendments:
- Trial Host Responsibility to Judges upon Cancellation of a Trial Policy approved.
- Clarification for weave poles: “The dog must perform the poles correctly before going to the next obstacle in sequence, or it will incur a non-completion penalty unless brought back to retry.”
- Addition of re-run option for time only if timer equipment malfunction occurs at regular trials. Motion 171223 is an update of motion 060501. Effective: July 1/18.
- Regionals Championships:
- 2018 Regionals for MB/SK/NU will be hosted by ‘Peg City Dog Sports at the Sagehill Stables at Winnipeg, MB on May 18-20, 2018.
- Site Change for: 2018 Regionals for Nova Scotia will be hosted by CAANS at the East Hants Sportsplex, Lantz, Nova Scotia on May 19-20, 2017.
- Provincial Agilite Quebec 2020 (PAQ2020), will be host to the 2020 QC Regional Agility Championship on June 20-21, 2020 at the Stade de soccer Honco, Levis, Quebec.